the relode process
how do i find out about jobs?
There are three ways recruiters can find open positions to refer candidates from their network:
- Sign up to receive weekly emails about referral opportunities. Make sure your profile is set to active and that your settings are configured to the positions and locations you want.
- Sign up to receive immediate notifications when opportunities matching your profile are added to the Relode job board. You can change your email settings at any time by signing into your account, going to "settings" and updating your notification settings.
- Head to the Relode job board and search open positions by job title and location.
can i submit multiple candidates for a job?
Sure! If multiple candidates in your network are qualified and interested, please submit them. We are regularly getting job orders from clients with multiple openings.
how do i know where my candidate is in the hiring process?
When you refer a candidate, we want to keep you informed of every stage in the process. To do this, we send you updates whenever your candidate progresses to the next stage. To help you understand what each stage means, we’ve outlined them below:
When you make a new referral, you'll be able to see your candidate in your Relode dashboard. This also applies if your candidate applies using either a link on your website or through a link you've shared over email or on social media.
- Review – This stage prompts immediate action from the Relode team. This also means that an outbound action has occurred (text, call or email), and the candidate is in the process of being screened by our internal team.
- Consideration – An Account Executive has pushed your candidate for review by the client.
- Eliminated – A Relode team member or the client has determined that this candidate is not the right fit for a position.
- Hired – The candidate has accepted the offer; this stage will also include salary and start date.
You can track your candidates’ progresses from your Relode account dashboard.
Learn more about tracking your referrals in this short video: Embedded content: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RUAQiCWUE0&feature=youtu.be
how do the payments work?
Once you’ve successfully found and referred a candidate, here’s how the payments work:
You’ll be paid via our direct deposit. You must have a U.S. bank account to receive your payment. All agents are treated as independent (1099) contractors.
You’ll receive 50% of your reward after half the guarantee period has passed, and the other 50% at the end of the guarantee period. The guarantee period means that your candidate needs to stay in their new position for a certain amount of time (usually 60 or 90 days).
Once half of the guarantee period is finished, we will reach out to the employer to confirm your candidate is still employed. Once we receive confirmation, we'll begin processing your reward. The confirmation period may take several days to complete. We cannot begin the process of getting your reward to you until we receive confirmation from the client.
We’ve redesigned your dashboard to include a new payment information and payment history section, so you can monitor your rewards and track your referrals all in one place.
To enroll in the Relode payment rewards portal, just log in to your Relode account and update your payment information, located in your Dashboard Profile Settings.
All payments will be sent with an email notifying you of the payment amount, payment date, candidate details, and any other relevant information. You’ll also be able to quickly make updates to your payment information at any time. Your information will continue to be safe within your Dashboard.
how do locum payments work?
Locum tenens is an exciting addition to our business. Locums are temporary positions for physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants that can range from a couple of hours a week to 40 hours a week. They may last a few days, or can continue indefinitely, depending on the client’s needs.
- The commission amount broadcasted will be paid ratably, bi-weekly over the contract period. In other words, the estimated commission amount is divided by the number of weeks contracted and that fraction is paid out to the agenct every two weeks.
- For each weekly timesheet recieved by our payroll department, you will receive a pro-rata reward amount based on the original length of the job order.
- Locums are an exciting way to get quick wins before the high paying physician job payouts.