Location: Nashville, TN
Job Requirements: Full Time
- Accessioning Supervisor directly supervises and coordinates the activities of the accessioning team including the receiving of specimens, accessioning specimens, and scanning of requisitions into scan system.
- Support mission, vision, goals and management decisions.
- Provide leadership and supervise/manage assigned department, make decisions, solve problems, develop and document procedures, and conduct and attend meetings.
- Manage the employee hiring process including interviewing prospective employees, developing performance expectations, identifying essential functions and knowledge, skills and abilities required for applicable positions.
- Responsible for new employee orientation processes, employee training and continuing education.
- Manage employee performance by coaching, counseling, motivating, and evaluating employees on a continual basis. Implement disciplinary action as needed and in consultation with Human Resources.
- Ensure effective employee relations by sustaining an ethical, non-discriminatory and safe work environment and establishing effective communication lines and methods. Identify and solve employee problems, manage conflict, and respond to grievances as needed.
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective training program for department.
- Review all accessioning errors and recommend as necessary the need to counsel and/or retrain employees as needed.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals. Continuously monitor and evaluate departmental operations and work flow, making changes as needed.
- Inspect and maintain QA program documentation and analysis of data. Review data entry login of patient demographics, insurance information, and test(s) orders from specimen requisitions into computer systems.
- Maintain acceptable turnaround time of specimen accessioning.
- Receive and account for all specimens received into the Lab.
- Review specimen requisitions noting any omissions and errors in patient demographics, clinical data, test(s) orders and medical necessity requirements.
Work schedule: Monday-Friday 12midnight to 8am
Associate’s degree in related field OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
Supervisory experience preferred.
Medical laboratory experience required.