We’ve interviewed over 20 healthcare recruitment professionals, and wanted to share the top interview questions we learned from them. You can see a list of all the interviews we’ve published thus far here.
The questions below come from these healthcare leaders, who are all involved directly with hiring for their healthcare organization:
- Matt Marconi, Director of Talent Acquisition for Greystone Healthcare Management
- Jonathan Hayes, Director of Human Potential at Castle Medical
- Greg Smorzewski, Human Resources Director for Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
- Dennis Yee, Recruiter for Valley Children's Hospital
- Wendy Mounts, Senior Recruiter for Williamson Medical Center
13 Great Interview Questions for Healthcare Hiring
Here's the questions you've all been waiting for:
1. With a previous employer, how did you give a wow to someone that you served? - Matt Marconi
2. Tell me about a time when you had to [insert the primary job task of candidate]. How did that go? How did they react? How did they react to this type of question? Did you make them feel comfortable? How did you make them feel comfortable? - Jonathan Hayes
3. Why do you want this job? - Greg Smorzewski
4. Why did you apply to Williamson Medical Center? - Wendy Mounts
5. What do you want to do long term? Five years from now? Ten years from now? - Wendy Mounts
6. What’s most important to you about what you do? - Wendy Mounts
7. What motivates you? - Wendy Mounts
8. Share with us a time when you were going to administer medication to a patient. What did you do when you realized when the dosage was incorrect? - Dennis Yee
9. Who was your favorite physician? Why were they your favorite? What qualities did that physician possess? - Dennis Yee
10. Tell us the type of physician you did not get along with. What were the issues and barriers? How did you overcome? What did you do to make it more pleasurable? - Dennis Yee
11. Share with us which certifications you have, which ones you want to obtain, and what are your plans of continuing education? - Dennis Yee
12. Share with us a time when you had a stressful situation working with a child patient. What did you do to relieve that child’s stress? What successful outcomes came from that? - Dennis Yee
13. Share a situation when you had to work with that child’s parents. What issues did you have? How did you overcome the parent’s concerns over the child’s health? - Dennis Yee
What questions would you add to the list?
Drop a line below.
Follow Relode on Twitter.