How to Hire a Staffing Agency
Hiring the right healthcare professional takes time.
It takes an average of 55 days to hire a nurse, and hiring a physician or director can easily take six months to a year. As a busy professional, you may already feel as though there aren’t enough hours in the day as it is, and these hiring challenges combined with the ongoing nursing shortage can easily become overwhelming.
If you’re looking for an alternative way of hiring, you may decide to hire a staffing agency.
Although many large facilities have internal recruiting teams, an independent agency may have added benefits and may help you hire more quickly.
So should you use a staffing agency? Here’s what to consider:
5 Benefits of Using Staffing Agencies
- Insider expertise — many staffing agencies focus on a specific industry, and they know that industry inside and out. This means that they will already be experienced at finding and matching the right candidates and employers. They will likely also have connections in that field and have candidates who are ready to start quickly.
- Streamline your processes — using a staffing agency can help you access more employees more quickly. It’s possible that a great candidates exists, but your internal job posting might never reach him or her. A staffing agency can target the exact candidate you need from a large candidate pool, leading to an easier hiring process.
- Flexibility — an outside agency is an ideal solution for a number of budgets because they can be contracted when you need to hire at a high volume or more quickly than normal. When you have your hiring needs met, you can scale back on use, or halt the process altogether. It’s up to you.
- Save time — one of the greatest benefits of using staffing agencies is that they put in the work to find candidates, and you get great employees delivered right to you. Instead of wading through piles of resumes yourself, a staffing agency will take care of those details.
- Added accountability — a win for you is a win for the agency, so they’re invested in finding you the right person in as little time as possible.
Should I Use A Staffing Agency?
It depends on a few factors, including how many people you need to hire, and how quickly you need to hire.
Staffing agencies are perfect for finding passive candidates (that is, candidates who may not be actively looking for a new job but who might be interested in a position with your organization), and also are able to hone their search in ways you might not be able to.
So if you decide to hire a staffing agency, how do you choose which one is the right option for you?
7 Questions To Ask Before You Hire A Staffing Agency
- How do you measure employee and client satisfaction? What is your current satisfaction score?
- What is your turnover rate for hires?
- What is your fee structure like?
- What is your sourcing process like?
- Are there flexible contract terms available?
- What is your screening/background check process like?
- What happens if an employee is not a good fit for the position?
- Alternatives to Staffing Agencies
- If you are wary about jumping into a contract with a staffing agency, there are a number of alternative opportunities that you might consider.
One option is a crowdsourced recruiting platform. This is a digital option where healthcare professionals and virtual recruiters can refer qualified candidates to open positions. You can learn more about the best crowdsourced recruiting platforms here.
If you’re interested in learning more about how a crowdsourced recruiting tool like Relode can help you hire better and faster, schedule a demo today.