Healthcare is built on creating relationships. Relationships between nurses and patients, nurses and doctors, and doctors and patients. We believe that the hiring process should be equally relational.
That’s why Relode was created.
We are a referral community where good people refer good people for the best jobs in healthcare. It is one platform that works equally well for employers, employees, and ultimately, the people they care for.
How it Works
Our referral community is made up of people from all backgrounds and walks of life. These people (who we call agents) earn rewards by referring healthcare professionals to the jobs on our platform. To be a great agent, you don’t necessarily need to have a background in healthcare. All you need is the motivation to find great candidates. Many of our agents use Relode as a side hustle, and while there are some agents who recruit full-time with Relode — what you choose is entirely up to you!
Here are the benefits of being an agent:
- Earn rewards when someone you refer finds a job.
- The flexibility to work where you want, when you want. As a Relode agent, you’re in control of when you refer.
- Knowing that you’re helping to connect the perfect candidate to the perfect job, without the traditional recruiting runaround.
Read success stories from our top agents
If you’ve already created an agent account, you can start searching jobs and referring candidates by signing in to your account. If you haven’t created an account, you can sign up here.
Here's how one of our top agents got started referring candidates.
Ready to get started? Follow these six steps to find and refer candidates with Relode.
Step one: set your notification preferences
Setting your notification preferences is the best way to find out when new jobs are added to the system. Watch this short video to learn more about setting notifications, or read the instructions below.
- Click your profile in the top right hand corner of the screen and select “settings.”
- If you want your account to remain active and receive job notifications, make sure the box titled “Available for referral opportunities” is marked “Yes.”
- To get immediate notifications when a new job is posted, make sure that the box titled “immediate notification,” is marked “Yes.”
- Then choose “agent settings.”
- You can add new job categories to your preferences by typing the name of the role into the “job categories” field.
- You can also add new locations by typing the city or zip code into the “locations” field.
- Want notifications from across the U.S.? Just type “all locations” into the “locations” field.
Step two: search Relode jobs
Finding the right job for the right person is simple with our platform. Watch this short video to get started.
You can use both the search bar and the filters on the left hand side of the jobs page to help narrow your specific search results.
In the search bar, you can search jobs using keywords, or by location using zip codes. When you type in a zip code, the search will automatically expand to include any results within 50 miles of that zip code. If you want to see all the jobs, just type "all locations" into the location search bar.
You can also search jobs using the following filters:
- Job type: search by full-time, part-time, or locum (short term physician or mid-level assignments)
- Location: fiter results by city.
- Category: search by catgories like nurse, physician, healthcare IT, and more.
- Position: filter by a specific specialty.
If you don't see a position that matches your candidate of your desired location, you can update your notification settings in your agent profile to be notified when new positions matching your preferences are added to the platform.
Step three: add positions to "my jobs"
Adding a position to "my jobs" can help you track whether a job is open or closed and get immediate notifications when changes are made.
Step four: find candidates
To be a great agent, you’ll need great candidates. Don’t be discouraged if you’re having trouble getting started. We leave it up to your creativity to find great people, so you can try multiple ways and strategies. Here are a few of the best ways to find candidates — we know you’ll find a way that works for you!
The best place to start finding candidates is by using your network. Reach out to healthcare professionals you know, or see if anyone in your network knows a great nurse or doctor looking for their next position. For more on networking, head here.
- Use social media — When you sign into your account and click on a specific job, you’ll see the option to share the job. The link this option provides will allow you to share jobs on your social networks and still get credit for your hires. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are all great options for sharing jobs with friends, and LinkedIn is perfect for sharing jobs with your professional network.
- Join communities — Joining nursing or physician groups, either in your local area or on networks like Facebook. You’ll be able to connect with healthcare professionals who are looking for new opportunities.
- Create your own site — List the jobs on your personal site and refer candidates to that site. If you have a WordPress site, we offer a plugin that is coded to your account and allows you to post jobs straight from the Relode site to your site. Email email@example.com for more instructions and to get the plugin.
- Reach out to new grads — It can be difficult to find a job as a new nurse, so connecting to these candidates will let you help someone get started in their career.
- Alumni networks — Joining your local or national alumni group can be a great way to find candidates (in fact, that’s how our CEO Matt found his first candidate when he was starting out as a recruiter!).
- Other networks — Even if you’re not connected to nurses and doctors, you probably know someone who is. Reach out to your connections, and you might be surprised by the amount of people looking for jobs.
Introducing yourself to candidates
When you talk to candidates, it's important to let them know that Relode will be reaching out to them about a position. Here's a sample script:
"Hi, my name is [NAME], and I'm an agent with Relode, a referral community that connects nurses and doctors to the best jobs. We match top talent, like you, to opportunities with the top employers in healthcare."
From there, you can explain a little more about the opportunity, including the perks of the job, and a little about the facility and duties. Here's a link to a pitch we created that can be used over the phone or in an email.
As you continue the conversation, remember to tell them that a talent advisor will be connecting with them about next steps if they are a good fit for the position.
Sharing a job using your unique link
When you're logged into your agent account, you can use a uniquely generated link to share a position with your friends or peers.
To share your link:
- Click on the title of the job you want to share.
- On the right hand side, under the "refer or apply" box, you'll see a number of social sharing icons.
- Depending on where you want to share your job, you can select the appropriate social button, and a link coded to your agent account will automatically be generated for you.
- Share the job with friends, peers, or other members of your network.
If you click the envelope icon, you can also email a job to someone who might be interested.
You can also share a job by clicking the "options" dropdown menu and selecting "share job." Our system will generate a bit.ly link that is coded to your account. You can use this link to share jobs over social media, or in an email.
If you want more information about finding candidates, check out this networking webinar for more strategies.
Step five: make a referral
Once you've found a great candidate, you'll need to refer them to a position. Here's how:
We try to make sure you know where your candidates are at all times. Here’s a quick overview about how the Relode process works:
When you make a referral, our team will verify the candidate's qualifications according to information from the client. If the candidate matches the on paper must-haves, we will get to work getting in touch with them, and your candidate will move to the in review stage. If we are unable to contact your candidate, we will reach out to you to verify their contact information and may ask for your help to get in touch. If we still are unable to make contact, we’ll reach out to you again. We will continue to attempt to contact your candidate a few more times. If after that period the candidate is still unreachable, they will move to “rejected.” If your candidate is unsure how to get in touch with our team, let them know that they can use the calendar link that our talent advisors will send. The talent advisors will also leave voicemails with their direct lines, which is a great way to get in touch as well.
Also during the review stage, our talent advisors will pass your candidate's application to our account executive team, who will then evaluate whether the candidate should be submitted to the employer. The AE will also be verifying employment history and getting a better sense of whether the candidate and the employer will be a match. We want to be absolutely sure that the candidate would be a good fit before we submit them!
If your candidate is submitted to the client, they will move to the in consideration stage. At this point, the process moves out of our hands and into the employers'. The time it takes to fill a healthcare job can vary wildly, and can take anywhere from a few days to months (for example, a director position may take much longer to fill than a nursing position), as your candidate may have to interview with multiple people and complete other steps. As soon as we hear from the employer, we will contact you.
If you have any other questions about jobs or candidates, message us through your agent dashboard. We monitor those messages closely and will be in touch as soon as we can!
Setp six: set up payment information
Once you’ve successfully found and referred a candidate, here’s how the payments work:
You’ll be paid via our direct deposit. You must have a U.S. bank account to receive your payment. All agents are treated as independent contractors.
You’ll receive 50% of your reward after half the guarantee period has passed, and the other 50% at the end of the guarantee period. The guarantee period means that your candidate needs to stay in their new position for a certain amount of time (usually 60 or 90 days).
Once half of the guarantee period is finished, we will reach out to the employer to confirm your candidate is still employed. Once we receive confirmation, we'll begin processing your reward.
We’ve redesigned the Agent Dashboard to include a new payment information and payment history section, so you can monitor your rewards and track your referrals all in one place.
To enroll in the Relode payment rewards portal, just log in to your Relode account and update your payment information, located in your Agent Dashboard Profile Settings.
All payments will now be sent with an email notifying you of the payment amount, payment date, candidate details, and any other relevant information. You’ll also be able to quickly make updates to your payment information at any time. Your information will continue to be safe within your Agent Dashboard.
If you're wondering what to do next, there are several ways you can stay in contact with the Relode team to be a more successful agent.
First, tune in to our weekly Agent Advantage webinar. We hold this live webinar every Wednesday at 12pm CST. You'll be the first to hear about new jobs added to the platform, jobs with high rewards and low agent activity, and learn facts about jobs that may not be in the description. Each week, we also include a professional development section that offers insights into various topics, as well as interviews with talent advisors, account executives, and more. You'll also be able to take part in a live Q&A session with the Relode team after every webinar.
Second, subscribe to the Relode Monday Brew. This weekly email newsletter provides you with the most winnable jobs on the platform and will help you focus on positions that are hiring quickly. Sign up for the brew here.
Finally, use the green message button in your agent dashboard if you need to message your Relode agent coach. You can get questions answered about positions or get more insight into a specific position.