Healthcare is built on creating relationships. Relationships between nurses and patients, nurses and doctors, and doctors and patients. We believe that the hiring process should be equally relational.
That’s why Relode was created.
We are a referral community where good people refer good people for the best jobs in healthcare. It is one platform that works equally well for employers, employees, and ultimately, the people they care for.
How it Works
Our referral community is made up of people from all backgrounds and walks of life. These people (who we call agents) earn rewards by referring healthcare professionals to the jobs on our platform. To be a great agent, you don’t necessarily need to have a background in healthcare. All you need is the motivation to find great candidates.
Here are the benefits of being an agent:
- Earn rewards when someone you refer finds a job.
- The flexibility to work where you want, when you want. As a Relode agent, you’re in control of your schedule.
- Knowing that you’re helping to connect the perfect candidate to the perfect job, without the traditional recruiting runaround.
If you’ve already created an agent account, you can start searching jobs and referring candidates by signing in to your account. If you haven’t created an account, you can sign up here.
If you’re not sure which jobs to start working on, here’s how to prioritize:
- Sign up to receive weekly emails about referral opportunities. Make sure your profile is set to active and that your settings are configured to the positions and locations you want.
- Sign up to receive immediate notifications when opportunities matching your profile are added to the Relode job board.
- Join our Agent Advantage webinar every Wednesday at 12pm CST. We’ll give you insider access to new jobs, jobs with high rewards and low competition, and insights into new markets.
Sharing a job
When you're logged into your agent account, you can use a uniquely generated link to share a position with your friends or peers.
To share your link:
- Click on the title of the job you want to share.
- On the right hand side, under the "refer or apply" box, you'll see a number of social sharing icons.
- Depending on where you want to share your job, you can select the appropriate social button, and a link coded to your agent account will automatically be generated for you.
- Share the job with friends, peers, or other members of your network.
If you click the envelope icon, you can also email a job to someone who might be interested.
Making a referral
Following job updates
If you haven't made a referral yet, you can still follow progress on a job, you can add a position to "my jobs" by clicking the options tab on the right and selecting "add to my jobs." When a job is added, you'll receieve notifications in your dashboard whenever a note is added to the job, including notifications if the job is closed or paused.
To be a great agent, you’ll need great candidates. Don’t be discouraged if you’re having trouble getting started. We leave it up to your creativity to find great people, so you can try multiple ways and strategies. Here are a few of the best ways to find candidates — we know you’ll find a way that works for you!
- Use social media — When you sign into your account and click on a specific job, you’ll see the option to share the job. The link this option provides will allow you to share jobs on your social networks and still get credit for your hires. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are all great options for sharing jobs with friends, and LinkedIn is perfect for sharing jobs with your professional network.
- Join communities — Joining nursing or physician groups, either in your local area or on networks like Facebook. You’ll be able to connect with healthcare professionals who are looking for new opportunities.
- Try job boards — Make sure to follow these guidelines when posting to job sites. Try sites like LinkedIn, Monster, or Glassdoor. You can also look into specialty job sites that are designed specifically for healthcare professionals.
- Create your own site — List the jobs on your personal site and refer candidates to that site.
- Reach out to new grads — It can be difficult to find a job as a new nurse, so connecting to these candidates will let you help someone get started in their career.
- Alumni networks — Joining your local or national alumni group can be a great way to find candidates (in fact, that’s how our CEO Matt found his first candidate!).
- Other networks — Even if you’re not connected to nurses and doctors, you probably know someone who is. Reach out to your connections, and you might be surprised by the amount of people looking for jobs.
Introducing yourself to candidates
When you talk to candidates, it's important to let them know that Relode will be reaching out to them about a position. Here's a sample script:
"Hi, my name is [NAME], and I'm an agent with Relode, a referral community that connects nurses and doctors to the best jobs. We match top talent, like you, to opportunities with the top employers in healthcare."
From there, you can explain a little more about the opportunity, including the perks of the job, and a little about the facility and duties.
As you continue the conversation, remember to tell them that a talent advisor will be connecting with them about next steps.
We try to make sure you know where your candidates are at all times. Here’s a quick overview about how the Relode process works:
When you make a referral, we immediately get to work getting in touch with them. If we are unable to contact your candidate within three days, we will reach out to you to verify their contact information and may ask for your help to get in touch. If after 5 days we still are unable to make contact, we’ll reach out to you again. We will continue to attempt to contact your candidate for fourteen days. If after that period the candidate is still unreachable, they will move to “rejected.” If your candidate is unsure how to get in touch with our team, the calendly link they are sent is the best way. The talent advisors will also leave voicemails with their direct lines, which is a great way to get in touch as well.
If your candidate is in the review stage, it means that our talent advisors have spoken with the candidate and have passed their application to our account executive team. Our AE’s then evaluate whether the candidate should be submitted to the employer. Often, this stage takes longer than the qualifying stage, as the AE will be verifying employment history and getting a better sense of whether the candidate and the employer will be a match. We want to be absolutely sure that the candidate would be a good fit before we submit them!
Once the candidate is submitted to the client, the process moves out of our hands and into the employers'. The time it takes to fill a healthcare job can vary wildly, and can take anywhere from a few days to months (for example, a director position may take much longer to fill than a nursing position), as your candidate may have to interview with multiple people and complete other steps. As soon as we hear from the employer, we will contact you.
If you have any other questions about jobs or candidates, message us through your agent dashboard. We monitor those messages closely and will be in touch as soon as we can!
Once you’ve successfully found and referred a candidate, here’s how the payments work:
You’ll be paid via our direct deposit. You must have a U.S. bank account to receive your payment. All agents are treated as independent contractors.
You’ll receive 50% of your reward after half the guarantee period has passed, and the other 50% at the end of the guarantee period. The guarantee period means that your candidate needs to stay in their new position for a certain amount of time (usually 60 or 90 days).
Once half of the guarantee period is finished, we will reach out to the employer to confirm your candidate is still employed. Once we receive confirmation, we'll begin processing your reward.
If this is your first hire, we will send you an ACH form to fill out. When you return the form to us, we will authorize the payment. You will only have to fill out the ACH form once. If you have earned rewards previously and had an account with our old payroll service, you will still have to fill out an ACH form.
Get the ACH form here: Relode Agent Form
If you're wondering what to do next, there are several ways you can stay in contact with the Relode team to be a more successful agent.
First, join the Welcome to Relode group on Facebook. This invite-only group is your way to connect with other agents, ask questions, and is a direct line to the Relode team. You'll also get access to resources to help you get started.
Second, tune in to our weekly Agent Advantage Webinar. We hold this live webinar every Wednesday at 12pm CST. You'll be the first to hear about new jobs added to the platform, jobs with high rewards and low agent activity, and learn facts about jobs that may not be in the description. Each week, we also include a professional development section that offers insights into various topics, as well as interviews with talent advisors, account executives, and more. You'll also be able to take part in a live Q&A session with the Relode team after every webinar.
We hope this guide helps you easily get started as a Relode agent. For more answers to your questions, head to our resources page here.